Win XP installation.

This forum discusses topics about the Ultimate Deployment Appliance

Moderators: the_dude, Posters

Re: Win XP installation.

Postby spoOx » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:18 pm

I'm having exactly same issue as above, always get the status 21 error and tftp gives the same error as above. Tried so many different things but to no avail... I think it's most likely linked to drivers, however, I have tried the WINNER project on the same machines and it works fine.. only reason I didnt stick to winner was due to the fact it downloaded so many unnecessary files and also it wasnt fully automated..

Any help on this matter will be appreciated...
spoOx

Postby spoOx » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:08 am

FIXED!! Drivers issue. Please see:
http://www.tzim.net/?win_netinstall
spoOx

Postby bakegoodz » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:19 am

Thanks for your time reading this. I have been using RIS setup for years. Somehow it stopped working with the same INF file problem you had.
I don't see how it is a network driver problem, it doesn't go far enough to make a request to the binl server.
How did you fix it exactly?
bakegoodz

Postby spoOx » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:34 pm

I just followed the guide above in the link I posted, make sure you have parsed the drivers and have BINL server running...
spoOx

I have a different problem than spoOx

Postby bakegoodz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:20 pm

I read the guide it didn't detail anything I didn't know. We must have different problem, with the same symptom. Because for me the client doesn't even make a NCQ (Network Card Query) to the binl server. I get the exact same error as "aceth" "Can't find inf file <j8ëj9ëj:ëj;ëj<ëj=ëj>ëj?é, the tftp packet from the client computer actually request the a file with that name. Anybody have any idea?
bakegoodz

Postby NorfolkRUS » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:27 pm

Great product! first of all. Thank you!
Need your help, because cant understand what about is error that i receive.
UDA 2.0
I've configured OS XP, template, sif file.
In a test vm everething is ok, First black screen, than blue, than formating and continues.

But when i am trying to setup xp on pc HP 5700 or 5800 or older
First i see black auto setup, than blue screen whith error on wrong code page. ( i need some how set my code page to understand what is error about, but where i must do this? (in vm Stage whith formating gose normal on my language) maybe this set in UDA?
sorry for my english. I also write here because i cant create topics. Dont have rights
NorfolkRUS

Postby NorfolkRUS » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:18 pm

NorfolkRUS wrote:Great product! first of all. Thank you!
Need your help, because cant understand what about is error that i receive.
UDA 2.0
I've configured OS XP, template, sif file.
In a test vm everething is ok, First black screen, than blue, than formating and continues.

But when i am trying to setup xp on pc HP 5700 or 5800 or older
First i see black auto setup, than blue screen whith error on wrong code page. ( i need some how set my code page to understand what is error about, but where i must do this? (in vm Stage whith formating gose normal on my language) maybe this set in UDA?
sorry for my english. I also write here because i cant create topics. Dont have rights

Solved the problem by myself. Appears that messages, on NL told me than i dont have supproted drivers to boot os...
I have added the drivers and all started work.
i have set XP and 2003.
-=-=-=-=-=---=-=-=-=

Sorry writing in this tread, but i cant create new post, because of the spammers, i understand the situation

I need help, now in a new problem than seems to easy, but not for me.

A have created my BartPE on 2003 Standard. I have uploaded file on UDA.
When i trying to add, a get error Startrom20 not found... i cant understand the whole logic.
I must selecet MY bart PE and MY OS 2003, but i can select only one ISO for both fields!! Or this 2003 or this my BArt Pe.
If i create Bart PE on the 2003 its ok, but for what i need BLANK OS?
Sorry for my english, your product still the best solution!
NorfolkRUS

Postby socket » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Hello everyone,

Iam using UDA2.0 14. I have possibly the same issue trying to deploy winxp sp3 using a volume license iso.
I am not familiar with PXE and TFTP but what i can see in my logs looks like a Path mismatch to me:

in.tftpd[10219]: remap: input: \windows5\MyXP\i386\KDCOM.DLL
in.tftpd[10219]: remap: rule 0: rewrite: /windows5\MyXP\i386\KDCOM.DLL
in.tftpd[10219]: remap: rule 0: rewrite: /windows5/MyXP\i386\KDCOM.DLL
in.tftpd[10219]: remap: rule 0: rewrite: /windows5/MyXP/i386\KDCOM.DLL
in.tftpd[10219]: remap: rule 0: rewrite: /windows5/MyXP/i386/KDCOM.DLL
in.tftpd[10219]: remap: rule 7: rewrite: /windows5/MyXP_extra/KDCOM.DLL
in.tftpd[10219]: remap: done
in.tftpd[10219]: RRQ from 192.168.32.18 filename \windows5\MyXP\i386\KDCOM.DLL remapped to /windows5/MyXP_extra/KDCOM.DLL
in.tftpd[10219]: sending NAK (1, File not found) to 192.168.32.18

the box on which the pxe boot happens tries to open the kdcom.dll under the "i386" leaf:

can anyone confirm this, or give me a hint where i can modify those remapping rules?

cheers
socket

Postby JohnRD » Fri May 28, 2010 3:07 am

Good day / night
question is
if we use the distribution is not English to create an image in UDA1.4, then installing seen problems with the encoding that can be done by eliminating the problem?
thanks
JohnRD

Postby georgegt » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:35 pm

How to ad an operating system boot
I start the vmware ang uda2 I make the share for iso image but when I try to ad os give me error

Error

Could not mount iso file /var/public/smbmount/xp//xp/XP_SATA.iso on /var/public/tftproot/windows5/xp

What I must to do to put an xp boot cd ?
georgegt

Postby siddle81 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:18 am

I want to win. But I don't know how can I do this.
siddle81

Postby siddle29 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:00 am

I also necessity to win. But I don't bang how can I do this.
siddle29

Postby menthon11 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks for your measure indication this. I have been using RIS falsehood for life. Somehow it stopped working with the aforementioned INF line job you had.
I don't see how it is a meshing driver job, it doesn't go far enough to modify a request to the binl computer.
menthon11

Postby pollard41 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:04 am

Thanks for your judge indication this. I [REMOVED] been using RIS statement for vivification. Someways it obstructed employed with the said INF communication job you had.
I don't see how it is a grab utility job, it doesn't go far sufficiency to qualify a petition to the binl machine.
pollard41

Postby odeon123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:48 am

I still seem like this can be a driver problem, though. I additionally believe that this isn't a garbled problem meaning of the mis-transmission in the card, because the garbled text is identical each time. Timing factors would alter the garbage whether it were just a garbled transmission. There's another thing happening here.
odeon123

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Deployment Appliance