Aviads Enhanced UDA

This forum discusses topics about the Ultimate Deployment Appliance

Moderators: the_dude, Posters

Aviads Enhanced UDA

Postby aviadra » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Hi u guys... several people asked me to upload my moded VM...
Sense it takes allot of time to get allot of the stuff I did, actually working, I have taken the time to strip my VM of any commercial information or products and then uploaded it to rapidshare.

a vid as to how it now loos can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYV2XhZDfPI&fmt=18

Some of the high lights:
MultiOS support (that is how it was born)
Comes with
Windows XP English SP3 updated till 12.06.07
Windows XP English SP2 updated till 10.10.07
Windows XP heb SP2

IP changing script (goes over network, DHCP & SIF files)
New VESA based menu system (the flag thing is possible... but hard to customize... and I like this way better anyhow, it’s a lot more powerful and flexible)
Ultimate Boot CD (aka UBCD) integrated and adapted for PXE
Updated pxelinux & memdisk
Thin client Linux
Diskless Linux (puppy)

Now note that the entries for commercial stuff are still in there BUT they wouldn’t work because they are missing the files... AND the windows installs are in there with my answer file BUT I do not give a product key… be prepared to edit one into the SIF files.
U may get your own copy of the progs by buying them, or just edit the conf files to delete the entries.
I left the entries there for reference as to how one would go about adding them.
From now on I will only make movies regarding my moded VM sense there is enough documentation on using the normal UDA.
furthermore, I will be releasing add-ons for my VM in the form of files one would just copy into DISK2... that way the org VM foot print stays relatively small at (2.8G currently) and I don’t have to upload the whole thing again and again.

2 upcoming add-ons I already have but am still perfecting right now are a 200 Meg LIVE xp and server 2003 SP2 R2.

So without further a due, here are the files:

If someone could DL the hole thing and mount it in a Vmware so I know that its working and all is well, that would be gr8.. thnks

Edit by the_dude: Removed (broken) links that google identified as containing copyrighted material...
Last edited by aviadra on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
aviadra

Re: Aviad Enhanced UDA

Postby aviadra » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:15 am

one quick note:
the IP is now set to 192.168.2.240 (thanks Bogdan)

anyhow the DHCP server should b on as well and if u want to change the IP u can type in the console right affter login (user:root pass:test):
./ip *NEW_IP_THAT_U_NEED*

e.g.
./ip 192.168.36.245

this simple script in the root user home directory (~/ip) goes over the the SIF files and eth0 network conf file to change the IPs in there. if the DHCP service is runing it will change the scope to fit the new IP BUT... it will not change the last octet from 240. that is, no matter what subnet u change your VMs IP into, if u want to change the last octet. u WILL need to edit the DHCP conf file (u can do it from UDA webgui).
aviadra

Re: Aviads Enhanced UDA

Postby nobird » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:17 am

Hi aviadra,

just a hint.

after I´ve downloaded all files for about 4 day´s from rapidshare :? (without account) I asked myself if it would be possilbe to share the files on http://sourceforge.net/ oder just per *.torrent. So many people (without a rapidshare account) would be lucky to get the VM this way :wink:
nobird

Postby aviadra » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:43 am

i am trying 2 get the user name and password for the old VM host... once i get it... i'll upload it there...
aviadra

Postby Cools » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Any News on the Username and password for the Web interface ????
Cools

Postby aviadra » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:35 am

should b
user name: admin
password: test

Like the org defaults... tell me if it doesn't work I'll have a nether look...

BUT note that webGUI is unchanged... setting in it will NOT take effect on DISK2.
So like I said (at least once to someone some ware) u should make your install files on a regular clean UDA... then copy the files into mine. Almost any other setting but the services can and probably should b done manually. Hens the IP changing Script... When u change the IP in the orgUDA webGUI it does go over files other then the network config to apply the change (sif, DHCP EST.). But if u uses it on my implementation it will try changing the files in the ORG locations thus not achieve the wanted result.
aviadra

Postby Cools » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:30 pm

dont worry i removed the password for Admin..
the orig passwords did not work.

root and test works fine..

theres a lot of hacking a round to get a new image on there..
But not to worry ..

Thanks.. you have done a brill job..
on this img..
Cools

Postby aviadra » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:27 pm

thnks for the kind words and your welcome :)
aviadra

Postby danny » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:08 am

First of all nice work on this image, its pretty sweet.
I have played arround with uda for a few days, and seem to have found a nasty bug, im not sure it have anything todo with your version, but since thats what i use i have posted it inhere.

I have unpacked and started it up without problems, the 3 windows installs included work fine.
Then i wanted to put in a danish install since im danish, so i put these 4 files into \\serverip\REMINST2\ by the samba share(i have the files from a previous setup)
ntdxp-dk.com
xp-dk
xp-dk.0
xp-dk.sif
And copy in the instalation cd (all files converted to lower case) to \\serverip\REMINST2\wxpdk\
Last i edit the menu config file ris.cfg and add a menu iten for my danish system.
And somehow everything just stops working after that, even the other 3 installs as where included from start, they just halt in the start of the instalation where its saying "Please Wait.."

And nothing i do to from there on helps, not even going back removing all the things i did so it should be like default again.
Anyone have any idea why ?
danny

Postby aviadra » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:34 am

"Please Wait.."

where does it say that? in the text-mode part of setup ?
because that may be a missconfigured IP in the SIF file.
aviadra

Postby danny » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:29 pm

Its the first thing you'll see in the setup with the blue background.
And read what i just wrote, the 3 default windows installs ensp3 ensp2 and hebrew something work fine before i do those steps, and i do nothing to their config files or instalation files, but still they stop working, when i make a new dir and copy in my danish instalation.

EDIT: Seems like it happend because i had no subfolder called WINXP inside my instalation source dir, and i didnt configure tftpd.map properly :oops:
danny

Postby aviadra » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:43 am

So is it working now?
Also... Make absolute sure that the IP of the VM is the IP specified in the SIF files.
aviadra

Postby danny » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:38 pm

Yup it working smooth, now i just have to figure out how to add ubuntu desktop edition :)
The sif files were configged properly the whole time, it was just because i had copied an windows instalation so the dir structure looked like this : \\serverip\REMINST2\inst_src\xp-dk\i386\ guess uda dont like that. It wants \\serverip\REMINST2\inst_src\xp-dk\WINXP\i386\.
I have no idea why it affected my other os'es might have something todo with the nic drivers, guess the driver service wont provide drivers if it doesn't know what os youre starting.
danny

Postby aviadra » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:58 am

gr8... good to know :)
aviadra

Postby jimmy1987 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:06 pm

I use UDA for quite some time now so I thought I'd give your modded version a try :)
First I must say I love the extra programs in it and the background in menu style.

Now whenever I want to add a template I get the following:

Writing tftp welcome screen
Can't open ERROR

I tried using it too on the original UDA1.4 and it works there, even installed a few pc's with it.
What I noticed is that there are no sif files created either as well as the other 2 files you need.

I've uploaded the iso to the server and configured and mounted it from the webinterface, just like in the original and there it works great that way.
What should I do different in your version as to get them in the menu and working as such?

It goes about a dutch version of windows xp pro.
jimmy1987

Next

Return to Ultimate Deployment Appliance