Multiple OS occurances

This forum discusses topics about the Ultimate Deployment Appliance

Moderators: the_dude, Posters

Re: Multiple OS occurances

Postby aviadra » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:22 pm

first of thank you alot for your kind words on my movies... they mean ALOT to me :)
secend i'll give you the links no sweat... i actualy had them up with the movie the first time i posted it. i'll edit the movies info so it would be there again, no prob.

menu system was learned at:
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/appnote/17752.html

thinclient linux:
http://thinstation.sourceforge.net/

network aware dos (pixie dust)
http://www.netbootdisk.com/download.htm

ghost:
http://forum.winimage.com/viewtopic.php?t=390
(this is also a way of having a PXE server from windows BUT that doesnt have the RIS func in it)

that's it... the rest was googled... if u ask for somthing spesific i'll answer\send it...
aviadra

Postby covish » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:56 am

Thanks for the fast response :D, I'll be working on that!
covish

Postby covish » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:01 am

Hi again, i have a frustrating question, i need to read some files from the iso (or the extracted iso folder) in the UDA but it seems like I can't have access to the folder through the network, you know a way to do this? I'll be glad if i can map a network drive to the shared folder in the UDA.
covish

Postby aviadra » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:06 am

as to connecting to the share I'm confused about that myself. I seem to be able to see it but not connect to it and I haven't had the strength to figure this out.
As to connecting to it I suggest you use winSCP. Install it, and open it... host name: UDAs IP adress, Username: root, password: test.
Note that these are the default username and password.
Once you are in, go to: /var/public/tftproot
that is were the extracted XP files are.
(and all other files like the finished menues and pxe conf)
aviadra

Postby dgames » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:59 pm

@the_dude

How do I get the code to you. I have made significant changes that allow adding to to os.conf, changes to configure os to allow editin of the default template. some of these changes require a slight change in directory structure under www/templates.

Dax
dgames

Postby covish » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:45 am

I need to access the files while the installation of windows is taking place, to install drivers and applications from the "source CD", please can someone help me with this one. I'm desperate :(
covish

Postby dgames » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:51 am

Covish,

What do you mean yo uneed to access the files while installing? Can you explain further. Have you looked at using the $OEM$/$1 folder capability built into WIndows Unattended install. I have used a product called nlite to creae a custom ISO that allows me to even install applications via UDA automatically.

Dax
dgames

Postby Workaholic » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:14 am

I'm willing to support a working ftp/online space for the complete install/vmware aviadra.

The current download links don't work for me and I would really like to use/try your version.

I would like to use UDA to deploy ghost images to vmwares, or maybe look into a nlite version of winxp to include the settings I need.

We install about 5-10 new vmwares here at work for testing and depending on the client, it can be a english, dutch, sp2, sp3 etc.

The main issue is I cannot get the multi os (5 versions of xp for example) to work properly.
Workaholic

Postby danycrixx » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:39 am

Wow!really a nice post.You have given an awesome links for different purposes.
danycrixx

Postby odeon123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:58 am

To begin with, just great effort to create this excellent appliance, and aviadra I have seen the videos, they're good, as well as your operate in the alteration from the UDA is amazing too, if it is no to much to request would you explain the way you perform the menu you show within the videos, or use it a torrent file, thanks in advanced.
odeon123

Previous

Return to Ultimate Deployment Appliance