How to add support for other OS (eg. debian) ?

This forum discusses topics about the Ultimate Deployment Appliance

Moderators: the_dude, Posters

How to add support for other OS (eg. debian) ?

Postby nobird » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:26 pm

Hello,

is there anyone who can tell me how to implement other OS to be supportet by UDA ?

I would like to uda Debian. How can I start to add this OS into UDA ? :roll:

thnx
nobird

other OSes

Postby tsyko » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:18 pm

I have so far got Symantec Ghost and Mandriva 2007 Powerpack to be available for UDA..

Although they don't appear on the web interface. I can still boot the images and use my new selections
tsyko

Re: How to add support for other OS (eg. debian) ?

Postby HandOfHack » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 am

"Other OS", how did you do it? I spent the better part of two days trying to get the thing to work, but it did not. I as using the latest beta, and still no luck. I started looking into the code of the UDA, and I can see where there is room for improvement. Still in all it can be the makings of a great product. Clean it it up a bit, and MS will try to steal it.
HandOfHack

Postby kate29 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:58 am

The "Other OS" feature is disabled by firmware version 3.21 but nonetheless operates on older consoles which have firmware 3.15 or lower. However, on March 30, 2010 George Hotz (also known as GeoHot) mentioned his intention to produce a custom firmware for that PS3 to counter this move,warning players to not update their systems until he finds a method to keep your OtherOS option about the Ps 3. Hotz in This summer 2010 left the Ps 3 hacking and apple iphone jailbreaking scene. He earned his blog (both apple iphone and PS3) invite-only and erased his Twitter account.
kate29

Postby SDrapeau » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:11 pm

!?!

This is no PS3 hacking forum...the OP wanted to add other OSes to his "UDA" installation.

You may want to actually read a post before responding to it.

Regards,

SD
Regards,

SD
SDrapeau

Postby dheiert » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Sorry to hijack the thread but I can't post, but this is kind of relevant. Trying to import Del OEM XP ISO and the import never finishes.
dheiert

Postby Antich » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:14 pm

dheiert wrote:Sorry to hijack the thread but I can't post, but this is kind of relevant. Trying to import Del OEM XP ISO and the import never finishes.

^THIS

Sry too ... but i cant create a new thread, little weird ...

Im just really frustrated cause all i want to do is stick a CD in UDA cd-rom and make all computers boot from network to that cd, and all options are there but IT DOESNT WORK FOR ME. =(

I had an ISO of that CD, so i tried to mount that iso like 20 times, of all available ways to do it, and that didnt worked either.

In fact i cant mount ANY iso file in a windows share, but UDA sees the share and all the content, so whats wrong ??

Im really confised and frustrated.

The CD im trying to mount (or network boot) is Acronis Bootable Media of the product "Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server" and i just cant, i feel like a retard !!!

Interface its really crean and all but i cant make it work, i just registered to get help but since i cant make a new thread i had to hijack this one, sry for that.

BTW i tried same thing with a "MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.XP.PROFESSIONAL.WITH.SP3.x86.RTM.VOLUME.Spanish" ISO and it didnt work either, i took it out of all folders (in share) and changed the iso name to "test.iso" and it didnt work so ... i must be missing something and i really cant see what it is.

I didnt tried copy the Acronis ISO to UDA hard drive, its only 55MB so it should fit, but im really bad at linux, REALLY bad.

Can anyone help me to solve this ?? im just angry at myself LOL.

Thanks
Antich

Return to Ultimate Deployment Appliance