Feisty,Gusty

Moderators: the_dude, Posters

Feisty,Gusty

Postby homegridworks » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:47 pm

Hi
Excellent appliance it seems an ideal solution for my situation,
Will the next version support Feisty and Gusty ?
is there any documentation as to how to go about adding other operating systems/templates to the appliance?

EDIT:
Just been messing around with the little info I have managed to glean from forum and web and tried alternative install gutsy iso and chose the template for 6.10, now the problem I get is when the install process comes to selecting a mirror it tries to download some files, having no connection to the outside world on my test machine this causes the install to fail and it goes back to the network configuration screen
I assume it is possible to install Ubuntu via UBA without a outside connection?
homegridworks

Postby admin » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:18 pm

yes, an internet connection should not be needed.
Feisty fawn should work according to other users reports.
Gutsy Gibbon I don't know. Never tried. From your comments it sounds as if the path to the RPMs on the CD has changed in that version.

Please check the console output on ALT-F2 and ALT-F3 screen for a more detailed error description of the problem.

Please also check that the url mentioned in the kickstart file is a valid one...
admin
Site Admin

Postby homegridworks » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:15 pm

Hi
I pressed CTRL-ALT-F2 & F3 the output suggests it is trying to download a release file

DEBUG: wget -q http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dis ... ty/release

Then it goes back to option which mirror I want to choose.

I tried so far, gutsy,feisty and edgy and they all halt at same point with or without editing the kicker file.
Just to confirm everything is running dsl loads and boots up fine.

I have just found the release notes for UBA and there it says use the DVD.iso unfortunately I tried with CD.iso , would this make a difference?
I found no other mention of this fact apart from inside the release notes.

Downloading the DVD.iso and will give that a shot.
homegridworks

Postby cmdln » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:27 pm

I just got the same with ubuntu 6.10 alternative iso.

Did you get this solved?
cmdln

Re: Feisty,Gusty

Postby joyzer » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:46 am

I haven't managed to install Ubuntu 6.10 either. Not by using either the regular nor the alternative version. Hoping for a solution.
joyzer

Postby Medfordite » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:49 am

Not any of the above, but I did get the latest one from Ubuntu 10.04 installed today using the alternate boot dvd in beta version (2.0 build 14) of this appliance. I tried the standard install ISO and it failed, it needs the alternate version which contains the required Network boot drivers apparently.

If you are trying to install any of the older versions of Ubuntu, might want to check to make sure you are using the one that has network install ability or the "Alternate install" as they call it anymore.
Medfordite

Postby caloy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:28 am

hej ..

Tack för att du delar dina idéer .. Jag har lärt mig något
denna dag och det är på grund av er ..

tack igen .. bra dag alla ..!
caloy

Return to OS Support