Install 64 Bit Windows

Moderators: the_dude, Posters

Install 64 Bit Windows

Postby DurrantsIT » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi,

I'm new to using the UDA, it looks great and I'm hoping its something that we can use in our company.

I'm trying to deploy a 64-bit windows server but its not working, when I try to configure an OS and click on ok I get the below at the end of the page.

Getting Kernel and boot files
startrom.n12
startrom.n1_ not found trying the driver.cab
File DRIVER.CAB not found ERRORERROR

What does this mean? I assume its because I'm using a 64-bit iso image?
DurrantsIT

Re: Install 64 Bit Windows

Postby mmaniscalco » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:21 pm

While this is a 2 year old question I was wondering if anyone has installed win2k3 64 bit OS.

It seems the directory structure for the 64 bit OS is slightly different on the CD.

There is another directory called amd64 which has most of the install files. The kernel boot files still sit in the i386 directory. I have been working on a solution, but I have now hit a brick wall.

I get the following error when trying to install.

File e1G5132e.sys caused an unexpected error (21) at
line 4214 in d:\nt\base\boot\setup\setup.c.

Press any key to continue.

It then fails to install and just reboots to start all over again.

I believe e1G5132e.sys is a network driver, but I'm not positive. The ISO I have installs fine if I mount it and just let it run from CD. I'm also using a VMware image to do this.

Any ideas on how to PXE boot a 64 bit image of windows? What I am specifically looking for are what files are needed from which directory, and where they need to be?

Thank for any info. I'm going to keep trying anyways.
mmaniscalco

Postby mmaniscalco » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:36 pm

mmaniscalco wrote:
I get the following error when trying to install.

File e1G5132e.sys caused an unexpected error (21) at
line 4214 in d:\nt\base\boot\setup\setup.c.

Press any key to continue.

Figured out what was wrong.

It was a case issue. My file was named e1g5132e.sys. I also ran into a similar issue when I was trying to install on a Dell blade server, but it was slightly different. I new I had the correct driver and it was the right case, but it had the wrong permissions. I didn't know this until I ran wireshark.
mmaniscalco

Postby mmaniscalco » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Duplicate
mmaniscalco

Postby caloy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:28 am

Tack för att informationen .. Det var en stor hjälp ...
hoppas att jag kan bidra till er också ..

ha en trevlig dag .. säkert för alla!
caloy

Postby donnyl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Hello gents,

Can somebody help me out I'm trying to install WIndows 2003 Server Enterprise 64 bit but still getting the same error:

Error

Could not get sys files from /var/public/tftproot/windows5/W2k3/i386

I'm using Uda 2.0 build 19. What am I doing wrong? Hope that someone can help me out here so I can install the 64 bit version..

Greetz,

Don
donnyl

Postby mattcutts2012 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:18 am

I have Window 7 64 bit OS but that is not working.
mattcutts2012

Postby obiron » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm having the same problem, I can't load a 64 bit windows iso. I"m getting the same error:
Could not get sys files from /var/public/tftproot/windows5/w2k3st64/i386
obiron

Postby sindustry » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:24 am

Windows XP Professional x64 users can purchase an upgrade license for the 64-bit version of Windows Vista. However, they must perform a clean installation of the operating system.
After you purchase an upgrade Windows Vista DVD, follow these steps:
->You can back up personal files and settings by using Windows Easy Transfer. This back up program is located on the Windows Vista DVD. To back up files and settings, insert the Windows Vista DVD while Windows XP Professional x64 is running and when the Install Windows page appears, click the Transfer files and settings from another computer link.
->Insert the upgrade version DVD of the 64-bit version of Windows Vista while the current version of Windows XP Professional x64 is running. Autorun will start the Setup program automatically, or you can manually run the Setup.exe program from the root of the DVD.
-> Complete the steps in Windows Vista Setup.
->To restore personal files and settings when you are finished installing Windows Vista, click Start, and then click Windows Easy Transfer.
sindustry

Return to OS Support