UltimateBootCD or Hirens

Moderators: the_dude, Posters

UltimateBootCD or Hirens

Postby HilcrRWise » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:21 am

Can UDA 2.0 be used to boot the UltimateBootCD (http://www.ultimatebootcd.com) or Hirens BootCD (http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd). I believe they use isolinx/syslinux to boot (although I believe the new beta version of UltimateBootCD v5 also allows you to use grub4dos). If anyone has managed to get these running through UDA could you please let me know the proceedure.

Thanks
HilcrRWise

Re: UltimateBootCD or Hirens

Postby NorfolkRUS » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:49 pm

First of all thanks for great product.
I am trying setup UDA 2.0 some helpful live cd's.
I have set XP intstallation cd.
Now i whant to add Linux Slax 6.1.1 is it posible in uda?
NorfolkRUS

Postby apex » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:20 am

I have a working UBCD4Win (3.5) installed and booting from UDA 2.0 beta 14.

There's so much information out there on setting this up... typically dozens of overly-complicated steps. It took me a few days to get it all figured out. This same method also works for BartPE.

The only thing you need is a Windows 2003 SP2 iso. Yes, it must be SP2.

• Create a UBCD4Win iso file (Once started, it takes a few hours on my 2.33Ghz core 2 quad). The directions are here: http://www.ubcd4win.com/howto.htm. You MUST create it from the same Windows 2003 SP2 iso that you will be using in UDA.
  • Move/Upload the UBCD4Win .iso and your Windows 2003 SP2 .iso to your UDA storage medium.
  • Create a new OS in UDA. Select BartPE as the Operating System.
  • UDA will ask for a 'BartPE ISO'. Select the .iso that you created with UBCD4Win.
  • UDA will ask for a 'Windows 2003 SP2 iso'. Select your Windows 2003 SP2 .iso.
  • Click 'Finish'. Now create a new template selecting "BartPE" as the OS and your newly creates OS as the flavor. Click 'Finish'.
  • Boot your PXE client and select your new flavor. Hopefully it works for you as well as it works for me.

In my experience, if you get a BSOD, it's because the *pe iso wasn't created from the same Windows 2003 iso file that you have in UDA.
If you get an error saying UDA can't load the ramdisk, check UDA's tftp log. You may need to login via ssh to do this. Here's an easy command to use: tail -f /var/log/*

Good luck!
UDA 2.0 b14 - Working: UDBCD4Win 3.5 Live, BartPE 3.1.10a Live, Clonezilla 1.2.3-27 Live, Windows 2003 Server, openSUSE 11.2, Fedora 12, CentOS 5.4, Ubuntu 9.10, Debian 5.0.
apex

Will

Postby ewqrqewrffo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:27 pm

You can't judge a tree by its bark.
ewqrqewrffo

Postby yodakan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Hello, I can not be started Hiren's boot.
What configuration should I apply?
Thx.
yodakan

Return to OS Support