Windows 7 Support

Moderators: the_dude, Posters

Re: Windows 7 Support

Postby the_dude » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Sounds like a disk space problem, resulting in the config file not being saved...
Check out the System->Diskspace page to see whether you have enough free space.

If not, then:
* System->Shutdown
* Add a virtual disk (SCSI) (e.g. 2 Gb) to the UDA virtual
* Start the UDA virtual
* Go To System->Diskspace
* Select systemlv and hit extend
* Choose the disk you just added (probably the only one in the list) and hit Apply

Now you should be able to add a new flavor without problems...

By the way: burner reports that the upload button on the System->WinPE screen does nothing, it that also your experience?
the_dude

Postby notafake » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:28 am

The disk space is not the problem (more than 2.2g free) and i already tested it using a blank machine. Everytime i add a x64 Windows 7, the existing 32-bit still shows but the x64 in the OS list has blank fields except "Flavor". There are multiple other errors i don't understand added the second system. One time the pxe-boot no more works or it searches for a wrong path (as already wrote somewhere in this forum). Restoring it to a blank state (thanks vmware to the snapshot function) and adding only 1 system works.

The problem with the "upload" button i can't confirm, but maybe he's searching at a wrong place (i clicked the driver button under "OS" maybe 100 times bevore i saw the "winpedriver" option under "System")
notafake

Postby sampson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 am

Hello

I just loaded your beta Windows7 files. After loading I then went to the OS tab and configured a Windows 7 install. After the files loaded successfully, the OS Flavor does not show up in the list. I tried several names shorter than 8 characters. No luck. I then checked the new web files installed. Under /var/public/www/templates The new files need to have there permissions changed to 755. I just did chmod 755 * I then had to delete my newly added OS Flavor under /var/public/conf/os I readded through the web interface and it now shows up in the list.

Thanks
sampson

Postby notafake » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:59 am

Hy sampson

Thank you for this, sadly this also doesn't solved my problem.
Doesn't matter witch one i take first the 32 or 64-bit, always the second OS i add fails while creating. While importing the second OS flavor the loading-bar first shows some normal activity but then changes to empty and UDA doesn't imports anything. From this point forward, i can't create/import any new os, EVEN if i delete the first one. It always stops without any error while importing.

Does the developer know more about this?

thanks and greetings

notafake
notafake

Postby mattcutts2012 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:16 am

I am facing lot of difficulty with WIndows 7 64bit OS :(
mattcutts2012

Postby football123 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:41 am

There have been another instructions i do not remember, but x: may be the local produced partition for home windows. the very first time this instructions loaded the motorists for me personally along with a home windows prompt failure states:

Home windows Couldn't collect information for (OSImage) because the specified image file [i:windows7Enterprise32bitsourcesinsatll.wim] doesn't exist.
football123

Postby quality12345 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:20 am

hi,
this forum is dedicated to helping you find solutions with any problems, errors or issues you are experiencing of Windows 7
quality12345

Postby kate29 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:25 am

It's faster than Vista, makes better utilization of the body assets, comes complete with interesting features, and appears great, too.
kate29

Postby radio123 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:23 am

hi,
Windows 7 is the latest operating system by Microsoft. Available with an advanced title bar and taskbar, Windows 7 comes with long-term stability and various security features.this is really very useful to all of us..
radio123

Postby FreddyKrueger » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:23 pm

notafake wrote:@burner: Yes my freehoster kicked my account and so are my screenshots, i'll upload them directly.

Looking at my screenshots he try's to load from pxelinux.cfg/templates/Test02/pxeboot.com
sadly, Test02 is (no more) a template, do you know where he gets the information about the template-name?

Edit:
I try to explain my main problem with new screenshots:

My two vm's (left side test pc, right side UDA) and the uda showing the file /var/public/tftproot/pxelinux.cfg/default. There we see one template (that's correct) and his path to the .menu item (also correct).
http://img262.imageshack.us/f/uda01.png/

But after choosing the template it always searches the file Test02/pxeboot.com witch doesn't exists (no more)

http://img822.imageshack.us/f/uda02.png/

So after some hours searching, i decided to reinstall (3rd time) my uda. Cause this is a short proccess i know now that this one works till here
http://img12.imageshack.us/i/uda03.png/
Why the old one always took the false template i don't know. So i try to type in these commands witch are listed below but there came an error.
SO i searched the path, cause this is a local one, i don't know at witch time he should copie this "netamd.inf"
http://img822.imageshack.us/f/uda04.png/
maybe this helps someone out, possibly he could then help me ^^

I'm having this same problem as "notafake", is there any solution to this problem ?

the_dude wrote:@notafake:
The reason why the UDAis searching for the old template directory is because the binl service searches the tftp log to where the last request for a wdsnbp came from. Then it tells the client to download the BCD file in the same directory.

Your new templates have probably not been succesfull in downloading the wdsnbp.

Based on "the_dude" answer, i tried to modify the tftp log and i had sucess by changing the line that the binl service looks for (the last line in log that contains "RRQ from 192.168.1.241 filename pxelinux.cfg/templates/WIN7SP1/default/wdsnbp.0")
If we change the path manually, it works and it goes looking for the right path.
I also tried to append at the end of the log, the line "RRQ from 192.168.1.241 filename pxelinux.cfg/templates/WIN7/default/wdsnbp.0" (this one with "/WIN7/" is the path i want to run) and it also works.
In case that there is no solution yet for this problem... my question is: are there any way to automate this tweak? Something like.. when choosing the template we want to run, find the template name and append at the end of log, the line with the correct path.

EDIT :
This is even more weird then what i've though.... the ip number of the client machine must be the same as stated in the log file... if it isn't the same ip number, pxeboot.com will fail to download.
Please, please, please developer.... release a bug fix for this problem.....

Thanks
FreddyKrueger

Postby Paxtonne » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:48 am

the_dude wrote:Sounds like a disk space problem, resulting in the config file not being saved...
Check out the System->Diskspace page to see whether you have enough free space.

If not, then:
* System->Shutdown
* Add a virtual disk (SCSI) (e.g. 2 Gb) to the UDA virtual
* Start the UDA virtual
* Go To System->Diskspace
* Select systemlv and hit extend
* Choose the disk you just added (probably the only one in the list) and hit Apply

Now you should be able to add a new flavor without problems...

By the way: burner reports that the upload button on the System->WinPE screen does nothing, it that also your experience?

Thanks a lot dude for proving me valuable information regarding win 7 ... I am addicted to this windows and i love it.
Paxtonne

Postby vlsher » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:30 pm

I'm trying to deploy Win7x64 and I have the following on the screen of PC being installed:
Downloaded WDSNBP...
Architecture: x64
WDSNBP started using DHCP referral
Contacting server "uda20_IP_address" (Gateway: 0.0.0.0)..
No response from Windows Deployment Services server.
Launching pxeboot.com...
TFTP download failed
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

Gateway address is set to "MyGateway_IP_address" in uda20 setup.
I guess that WDSNPB uses GW IP from some other source. Can someone give me a hint how to change it?
vlsher

Postby kamalgandhi » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:30 am

When all you want to know is if the bug is fixed:
For some specific bugs, I’ve added myself to the CC list, because I’m interested in knowing when the bug is fixed (and maybe when the target has changed). Problem is: because there has been a lot of discussion in a few of those bugs, I’ve been getting a lot of bugmail that I’m not interested in. I don’t want to remove myself from the CC list, because I still want to be notified when the bug is fixed.

I don’t know if I’m the only one with this issue, so I thought I’d share how I fixed it.
kamalgandhi

Postby palan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Hoping this gets seen amongst all the spam posts!

Did you ever solve this issue Freddy?

I have managed to track the tftpd.log searching behaviour down to /var/public/bin/gettemplate.sh. the result of this script is placed in an array called info in /var/public/bin/binlsrv2.py, the first two elements of which are used to derive the path, but because this array is never populated, that is where the inaccurate path comes from. There is another array called data being passed around within binlsrv2.py which I am hoping will contain some information which will allow me to derive the paths a different way. If I come up with a fix for this I shall post it here and/or submit to the developer, it may be a while as I will first have to learn Python!

In the meantime, as I only need to deploy a single Windows Embedded 7 image, I have hard-coded the path into binlsrv2.py on lines 570 and 571. The tftpd.log hack will not work for me as the IP of the client cannot be guaranteed.

If you have found a solution, posting it here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

FreddyKrueger wrote:Based on "the_dude" answer, i tried to modify the tftp log and i had sucess by changing the line that the binl service looks for (the last line in log that contains "RRQ from 192.168.1.241 filename pxelinux.cfg/templates/WIN7SP1/default/wdsnbp.0")
If we change the path manually, it works and it goes looking for the right path.
I also tried to append at the end of the log, the line "RRQ from 192.168.1.241 filename pxelinux.cfg/templates/WIN7/default/wdsnbp.0" (this one with "/WIN7/" is the path i want to run) and it also works.
In case that there is no solution yet for this problem... my question is: are there any way to automate this tweak? Something like.. when choosing the template we want to run, find the template name and append at the end of log, the line with the correct path.

EDIT :
This is even more weird then what i've though.... the ip number of the client machine must be the same as stated in the log file... if it isn't the same ip number, pxeboot.com will fail to download.
Please, please, please developer.... release a bug fix for this problem.....

Thanks
palan

Postby Maddy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:35 am

Hi,

I am trying to deploy windows7 on to a virtual machine using UDA. I have the UDA machine ready. i created the storage, added os, and created template. now if i do pxe boot the target machine,it goes to setup and throwing the error as

WdsClient : An error occurred while communicating with the windows deployment services server. please check to ensure that the server is operational and that the necessary ports are open on the server's firewall. servername [$server_name], server IP address [x.x.x.x],.

any help on this is really appreciable. please it is very urgent.

thanks,

Madhusudan M I
Maddy

PreviousNext

Return to OS Support