fedora/OpenSuse / Live CD

Moderators: the_dude, Posters

fedora/OpenSuse / Live CD

Postby mobilewill » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:23 pm

I recently got UDA20-20 running and having a hard time getting some of the distro's I want working.

I finally got Ubuntu 12.04 working in live by tweaking the kernel loader options and using nfs share from my computer. I keep getting permission denied if I used the UDA nfs share.

Than I tired fedora and opensuse but it was hard finding the versions needed. The new ones like fedora don't have a pxeboot folder. I couldn't find in the ISO. Not sure what is the right ISO to use from their site.

I noticed that most of the time I noticed that it can't copy vmlinuz or initrd, I have to it myself. Might have to do with the newer versions.

Where I can fix the scripts that copy them over when you add a ISO? Or are there plans to update them?

Is it possible to use live cd/dvd for fedora and the likes? Or even get the installer to work.

I think my first goal is to get the add ISO working by fixing the script. If someone could point me in the right direction.

I am really looking forward to getting to work perfect. Much better than doing it from scratch like I was before.
UBA 20 patch 20
VMWare ESXi 5.0 Windows 8 Patch
Intel Core i5 2400
16GB DDR3
1TB WD
mobilewill

Re: fedora/OpenSuse / Live CD

Postby msveden » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem. Have you found any solution?

/M
msveden

Return to OS Support