Windows boot device drivers

Moderators: the_dude, Posters

Windows boot device drivers

Postby LeoKurz » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:12 am

Hello,

how do I add boot device (textmode) drivers to windows installations? I don't quite fancy editiong the iso file, adding ...$OEM$\TEXMODE. I added OemPreinstall = Yes and OemFilesPath wit the dirver added and the entries in the sif files added, but no success. Any ida?

Cheers
__Leo
LeoKurz

Postby the_dude » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:45 am

Check out this technet article:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsse ... x?mfr=true

You'll need to add something like:

#Add these lines

OemPnPDriversPath=?\\%SERVERNAME%\RemInst\%INSTALLPATH%\$OEM$\textmode?
DUDisable=no
DriverSigningPolicy=ignore

[MassStorageDrivers]
"Adaptec HOSTRAID driver for Windows XP/2003 x64 Edition"="OEM"

[OEMBootFiles]
aar81xx.cat
aar81xx.inf
aar81xx.sys
txtsetup.oem

in your sif file (but then with the drivers/files on your driver disk)

These files will be retrieved over tftp. Since they are not in your ISO file, you'll have to trick the tftp daemon into looking somewhere else. This is done by editing the /etc/tftpd.map file (or edit it in the web-interface) Services->tftp->Configure...

Add something like:

rgi /WINXP/i386/\$OEM\$/(.*) /WINXP_OEM/\1

And then copy the files mentioned in the siffile into the directory /var/public/tftproot/WINXP_OEM
(create it first with mkdir)

You can debug the process by checking the tftp logfile during the boot. (/var/log/messages (or check it in the web-interface: Services->tftp->view log...)

Let me know what happened or paste your logfile entries in the forum if you'd like some help.

Note: the technet article mentions to restart the binl service. I'm not sure why. If this stuff doesn't seem to work, you may want to review or paste the logfile entries for the binlservice as well... (Service->binl->View log...)
the_dude

Re: Windows boot device drivers

Postby vmorbit » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:15 am

hello!

first i want to thank you for this great piece of software.
i am running this on an esx server and it works perfectly.

i just wanted to boot a bartPE cd and i got a bsod when it starts...inaccessible boot device.
so i created the directory like you said...but my problem is: where do i have to enter the lines
you typed in in the .sif file.
because this is no unattend installation i dont know where i have to enter this path.

my tftp config looks like this:
rgi /WINXP/i386/\$OEM\$/(.*) /WIN_OEM/\1
rgi /WI2K3/i386/\$OEM\$/(.*) /WIN_OEM/\1
rgi /WI2K3/i386/WI2K3_SYS/(.*) /WI2K3_SYS/\1
rgi /WI2KS/i386/WI2KS_SYS/(.*) /WI2KS_SYS/\1
rgi /WINXP/i386/WINXP_SYS/(.*) /WINXP_SYS/\1

i added the wi2k3 line (rgi /WI2K3/i386/\$OEM\$/(.*) /WIN_OEM/\1) because uda asked me first to configure w2k3 before i can boot bartpe.
so i thought i have to change the line for a w2k3 installation type.

please help me!
i would like to boot bartpe over pxe with uda!

big thx!!
vmorbit
vmorbit

Postby aviadra » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:46 pm

IMHO... as far as i know bartPE... its a winPE based thing... i have implemented ERD commander and winPE 2.0 (vista) and in both, inorder for them to know new drivers, u have to inject them into the image.
this is because the image DLs off of UDA and doesnt "call home" for anything els..

does anyone els have some input on this ?
aviadra

Postby emilycarvar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:34 am

Here i got a good information how to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting to determine whether the problem in question is affiliated with the core operating system or with a program that is loading in the Windows environment. Only mass storage device drivers and network adapter device drivers should be added to boot images because other types of drivers are not needed and will increase the size of the boot image. You should only add valid device drivers that are intended for use with Windows Vista because the version of Windows PE is Windows Vista-based.
emilycarvar

Postby desiredforsome » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:01 pm

I am trying to use driverpacks.net with method2 and i cant figure it out i get the error going into gui setup cannot find \OEM\bin\un7zip.exe it is in the windows5/XP/OEM/bin/ directory do i need to do a tftpd.map? and if so how? i dont know the tftpd.map real well.
desiredforsome

Postby mike240se » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:55 am

does all this still need to be done for version 2.0 beta?

i have a dell perc 6/i card and windows 2003 wonty install, text mode gives me the no hard drives found error.

i have the driver files.

i have no ris.sif file. i only have a txtsetup.sif in my i386 dir. do i need to create the RIS.sif file?

i cant just copy these driver files somewhere?

what is the easiest a d best way to do this with 2.0 beta? thanks
mike240se

Postby mike240se » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:19 am

actually, maybe the txtsetup.sif file is the right file but i cant edit that file, its in the RO mount. do i need to remap that some how too?

will it overwrite it? some how?
mike240se

Postby berta » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:59 am

hi guys.

just want to ask because my laptop cannot read my disk drive when i boot it.

i want to format it but it cannot boot my disk drive.

what should i do to format my laptop?

thanks.
berta

Postby uulltteta » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:12 am

Looked that a person, has many methods. For example, from head to foot; From whole to part; Or only observes some part, again or looks at the attire, the look, the frown and smile. As for me, a body vulgar magnificent coverall should match puts on pair of dazzling MBT Switzerland shoes.The mbt shoes clearance
is also comfotabel of this.Like this does not disappoint that body that valuable dressing up, as soon as but that body warm night clothes and a big end’s slipper while still alive matched again spoke of the MBT Switzerland shoes, I cannot help but will also think of “Cinderella” story. I rather let clothes match the mbt shoes clearance
Switzerland, also does not let the MBT Switzerland shoe heel clothes’ footsteps walk.
uulltteta

Postby odeon123 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:24 am

but i am getting an error...
regards,
The Three Musketeers
odeon123

Return to Windows Drivers