UDA 2.0 Beta is out

Share your thoughts on the UDA 2.0

Moderators: the_dude, Posters

Re: UDA 2.0 Beta is out

Postby emockler » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:59 pm

I am having problems loading drivers from the web interface, is this a bug that hasn't been addressed yet, or am I doing something wrong?
emockler

UDA 2.0 Beta is out

Postby changer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi Board!

I tested the UDA 2.0 Build 14 and I got two different error messages in two cases after loading the ESX drivers.

mount: mounting /dev/cdrom on /mnt/source failed: No such file or directory

Could not mount media device -- /dev/cdrom Intert the ESX Installation media.

or

Press <enter> to reboot...

Unmount: cannot unmount /mnt/source: Invalid argument

We have installed and configured the UDA with the guide on rtfm-ed.co.uk

Best regards
Changer
changer

Re: possibility to contribute

Postby DooMRunneR » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Hi,

we USA 2.0b in our environment to install over 500 ESXi4.0 servers and i've also made some changes to the code plus some more features like ISO loop mounts and so on..... Is it possible to contribute those changes to this project, is there a svn repo or something like that online?

ps: some comments in the source would be awesome, it wind me up to search the code for the right modules :)

so long...

anton
DooMRunneR

Postby ShaunP » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Greetings all,

I have been looking into deployment solutions for a while now and recently came across UDA. Has anyone looked into adding gPXE support to UDA? I am mainly interested in leveraging its TCP support to speed up loads and limiting the need for TFTP to just loading the NBP (Network Bootstrap Program 2nd stage loader).

Thanks,
-Shaun
ShaunP

Postby smokey71 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Hello,

I am hoping someone can shed some light on an error message I continue to receive.

"no COS nics have been added by the user"

I received this error message every time the install begins. I have added the IPAPPEND line to the templates.pl as another poster suggested:
print PXEFILE " KERNEL $kernel\n";
print PXEFILE " APPEND $append\n";
print PXEFILE " IPAPPEND 2\n";

The IPAPPEND entry has been added to all sections of the .pl where PXEFILE arguments reside.
Currently, I am trying to build vSphere hosts via laptop>VMware Workstation>crossover cable. My group was able to build ESX 3.5 with the same configuration when running UDA 14.
I have configured the base script with a subtemplate that holds IP address and FQDN. Nothing fancy, just trying to get it to work properly. We do many remote site builds so using the laptop/crossover cable is a must.

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

V/R,

Smokey
smokey71

Postby rmckeown » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:26 am

Hello. Dumb question. How do I post something new? I've discovered how to post a reply, but I can't seem to find a link on the site to create new posts.

Thanks in advance.
rmckeown

Postby rsj » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Using UDA 2.0 Build 14 it seems that it is not allowed to use a " - " (dash) in the OS names.
If i create an OS using a "Flavor Name" of for example: ESX4-U1 the OS is added under the /var/public... but when i go to the OS page, there is no OS.

If i just write ESX4U1 in the "Flavor Name" everything works fine.
rsj

Postby emilycarvar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:24 am

The UDA is now based on an enterprise ready Linux distribution. The new 2.0 beta is interesting because there should be some ESX/vSphere 4.0 support in there.As these hosts are too diverse to create kickststart scripts for, but don’t have a DVD -ROM drive to install ESX 4 from, I decided to use the UDA simply as a boot medium
emilycarvar

Postby timbix » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:43 am

Hi All,
Hoping someone can help. I am wanting to use UDA to deploy our vsphere servers, however we already use MS SCCM to deploy our windows devices and I need to be able to build both types of machines on the same vlan.

I have been able to have 2 pxe servers (SCCM and WDS) on the same vlan by putting a delay on the WDS PXE Server as the SCCM pxe only responds to mac addresses in the sccm database and will then pass onto the next pxe server.

So my question is how do I add a delay on the PXE server used in the UDA?

Thanks in advance
timbix

Postby daveloyall » Sun May 02, 2010 5:42 pm

the_dude wrote:I have no problems with the download as well, but I'm in the Netherlands (where the hosting server is ). Anyone else having problems with the download? Should I start calling my ISP?

...I am only able to download 0.3 megs before it stops working. Surely that will show up in your httpd logs. :)

--Dave
daveloyall

Postby StormRider » Thu May 20, 2010 8:48 pm

PanxOS wrote:Problem Clonezilla Stable 1.2.3.27 in uda 2.0 buid_13,Build_14
generates the following error and can not use this version of clonezilla
in "OS" Step 3
(New Operating System Import) :cry: fail... :cry:
generates the following error and can not use this version of clonezilla
Error
Could not copy vmlinuz /var/public/www/clonezilla/Clonezilla/live/vmlinuz1 to /var/public/tftproot/vmlinuz.clonezilla.Clonezilla
[/code]

I've run into the same issue- some time between 1.2.0-25 and 1.2.4.28 releases of Clonezilla, /live/vmlinuz1 was renamed to /live/vmlinuz
StormRider

Postby onefstprld » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:05 pm

I am having an issue that other have commented on about "No COS NICS have been added by the user". I saw a couple of posts on VMware Communities but no definite answers.

The ISO uploaded was ESX 4 Update 1 and I am currently testing on an isolated VMWare workstation configuration with a single virtual NIC and get the same error every time.

Any help would be appreciated. BTW the UDA is 2.0 build 14.
onefstprld

Postby kingofbytes » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:56 pm

I would also appreciate help with this exact problem too....
kingofbytes

https instead of http?

Postby ibmsorcerer » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:48 pm

UDA 2.0 is working well for me. I have been able to add LDAP authentication via Centrify. This works for both ssh and web-admin.

Has anyone changed UDA to use SSL or https instead of http?

I also increased the vmdk to 5GB, so that I could put Centrify and the vCLI on the appliance, which entailed putting the development tools and other things on there.
edit VM settings
edit harddisk settings

reboot UDA appliance, so that it will pickup the disk size change via console
shutdown -y -g0 -i6

fdisk /dev/sda
p
d
n
p
Using default value 14
Using default value 652
t
8e
w

reboot the appliance again to pickup the changes
shutdown -y -g0 -i6

pvresize /dev/sda2

lvextend -l +99 /dev/udavg/systemlv

resize2fs /dev/udavg/systemlv
ibmsorcerer

UDA 2.0 Boot Menu - New Templates are Not Showing :(

Postby filer1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Greetings,

I am in process of testing UDA ESX deployment, and for some reason I cannot get my menus to display correctly. Based on an install guide, I've setup two templates but none of them showing during the VM boot menu. The only menu it is showing is the default "ESXi4 ESXi 4 Installable". I've deleted this template, created two new ones, but the ones I've created are not showing up in the boot menu. Can anyone point me to a right direction, please ?

Thanks!!

Alex
filer1

PreviousNext

Return to UDA 2.0